Saturday 11 March 2017

Designer's Choice "Watercolor Smooshing" - Inkspirational Challenges


It is time again for our Designers Choice challenge over at 
  It has been up to fellow design teamie Kim to choose the challenge this time. 
And she has chosen the theme:


The is a technique where the outcome is totally unpredictable. I decided to try this out on kraft cardstock just for the fun of it.

For my "smooshing" I used a piece of acetate. First I applied some ink from a Tim Holtz Distress Ink mini cube on the acetate, then sprayed some water on it. Thereafter I put the acetate against my cardstock and smooshed on the ink. 

I repeated this 3 times with 3 different Distress Ink colours.  


We also have a guest designer joining us for this challenge. Pop over to Inkspirational Challenges and see who she is. Maybe you know her :)

Go visit the other INK DT girls and leave them some crafty love too...
 
Don't forget to have fun :)
Pia xx


Supplies used: 

 

8 comments:

  1. Great effect - it makes me think of a close-up of an Argyll sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card -I love all those diagonal die cut lines, they add lots of interest and give this a stylish, trendy feel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lækkert kort med spændende detaljer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nydelig kort og med supre detaljer.
    Klem Heidi:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great go with the smooshing! I particularly like the fancy die work, with the lines and dots crisscrossing and the sentiment die.

    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Applauding your creativity and courage in smooshing on kraft; the results are fantastic! Colours, layers, the diagonal lines...yes, you've quite the marvelous design here! Need to work more with my kraft card stock; thank you for the inspiration!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic card! Love the ink colours you chose and doing it on kraft paper was a great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I truly appreciate you taking your time to do it. Thank you!